Friday, April 10, 2009

HOLA ABUELA

Thanks for your efforts to get into contact with me. It still proves to be difficult, yet rewarding when communication is regained.

Happy belated birthday, I hope your still dancing the nights away, and laughing at crude jokes over an occasional happy hour even at the ripe young age of 75.

I am doing well. Life is continually teaching me, and I'm proving to be a good student at all the lessons it has thrown my direction. I am in a really good spot, all be it, a long way from home. Wandering is no place to be, but each day seems to have a new purpose, with the consistent choice to battle seclusion while remaining here to be the best father i can be. Haven is an amazing little boy. Mischievous, shy with inner confidence...taking good leaks in the morning and learning to wipe his own butt. He is a real fish in the water, with eyes wide open and jumping in to both water and life with little fear. He is speaking a lot, running to fast, and sleeps peaceful with a constant smirk on his face. My only regret is not being able to share him with the ones that would appreciate him the most. Hopefully that will change someday, but for now, his roots are being instilled, and were a tandum to be dealt with.

I'm trying to get more involved with my own dreams again, but am happy with the progress I've made. It's strange that in less than two years I went from High Rise apartments, and the glamour life to tin shacks and less than humble means of survival...Now I am somewhere in between with little stress, and opportunity for advancement...not sure what I am aiming for...most definitely something different than most.

I was in a movie that was filmed down here a few weeks ago which was uplifting and fun to be a part of. I am now working on some scripts that hopefully will be used for future productions. Sometimes I feel like I am constantly in a story that is being written and hard to remove myself from a character that is still being created. I do have moments of courage when I shell out a few short story's in a small time period...its usually after a bottle of wine and couple packs of cigarettes while listening to some blue grass music and remembering times that seem ancient. I suppose that is my only real goal...to say something profound for others to feast upon. Tough work at times, True living at others.

I sure do regret the fact that we haven't really had a consistent relationship. I do remember the times of milk in a bag, ringt toss fairs- bringing won chickens home, and carving birds and chasing deers in the serenity of your home. The pizza joint was good too. I still don't understand why grandmom and ex boyfriend slept in different rooms..I get closer to that answer everyday. My favorite Grandma quote. "Corey I always thought you would end up marrying a blond bimbo." A long ways from those expectation these day Senora Peters. Laughing out loud.

I hope to be home soon, but I can't predict when. The worlds a big place, but my direction is to keep following the signs and wait for the right time to shuffle back home un noticed, no parade, or party, just waking up in the morning a chamelion in the arms of his family that has had to change colors to survive many times in foreign places, with tough and smooth skin.
The will to leave, the courage to stay, and the strength to return will tales delivered. For Now...

Stay in touch...stay within the spirit of youth, and dance the days away as a hummingbird flies.

Your Distant and loving Grandson,
Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment